About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA
Self-taught baking goddess takes on the world, armed only with her kitchen-aid mixer.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oreo Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes

Unlike every other American child, it seems, I didn't grow up with sleeves of Oreos nestled in our cupboards. In fact, sweets in general weren't something that were readily available in my house. Which brings to mind a few questions... 1) Can I get a refund on my childhood? and 2) How the hell did I get so fat as a kid?

Perhaps my baking obsession is making up for all those years as a kid. Or maybe I'm really just unleashing my inner fat kid. Either way? It's working out well.

These treats, according to those who have tried them, are nostalgic. They taste like growing up, only fancy. Apparently, every other kid on the face of the planet gorged themselves on Oreos after school everyday.

When I first came across this recipe, I knew that it would be a home run. Oreos. Cheesecake. Cookies 'n' cream. What is not to love?

photo by Jessica Y.
Delicious cookie on the bottom, topped with cheesecakey goodness.

I read several recipes before I found a balance of ingredients that I felt would make a winning combination. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting to eat them after they come out of the oven! They have to set in the fridge for a few hours. :( But totally worth the wait. I promise.

Oreo Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
  • 42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
  • 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.

2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.

3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.

4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours ... or cheat, and toss them in the freezer for a bit.

 photo by Jessica Y.
Pretty sure you'll be tempted to eat them all in one bite.

3 comments: