About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA
Self-taught baking goddess takes on the world, armed only with her kitchen-aid mixer.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sooner than I thought...

So many things have happened sooner than I thought they would...

I've become a grown up, seemingly overnight (and I'm really not sure how that happened).

My house is starting to come together (thanks to some heroic efforts on behalf of my boyfriend... and NOT thanks to the lil' hoodlums who tried to burn the place down).

 photo by Jessica Y.
My house? Just on the other side of that charred patch.

My thesis is done, and the end of my degree program is in sight. August 19th... can't come soon enough (and there is still some work to be done, but the hard part is over).

Summer is wrapping up and I've championed my way through leadership, yearbook and newspaper camps (and the survival here is thanks to the students, who constantly reminded my WHY I went into teaching).

photo by Jessica Y.
Yearbook Camp madness. Who would have thought that a t-shirt gun could get high school kids SO EXCITED at 8 am?

photo by Jessica Y.
My newspaper students and their PBJ assembly line. Journalists gotta eat, too!

But I think the most surprising development of the past several months has been cupcake-related. I started this blog, started baking, and started feeding everyone around me because I simply like to make people happy. Cupcakes (and baked goods in general) do that very effectively. I knew that sweets would make me popular, but I didn't really dream that people would be willing to give me anything other than "thanks" for my baking.

Almost instantly, though, I started getting requests. Because I hadn't anticipated that, I didn't really know how to respond. But what I've realized is that if I can get this little hobby of mine off the ground, I may have a rather lucrative side business. Doing something that I love (instead of the part time job that I have now, which I'm starting to hate).

So here's the deal---it's on. You want cupcakes? You got them. I'll make them. If you're local, I'll deliver. If you're not... We'll figure it out.

Get in touch with me. Tell me what you want. I'll make it happen. And you'll pay me a little. And it will be awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment