About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA
Self-taught baking goddess takes on the world, armed only with her kitchen-aid mixer.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Strawberry Salsa

You will never buy salsa again. I swear to you. This is, by far, the best salsa I have ever had... The flavors are surprising, but delicious. I could it eat plain. In fact... I may have a bowl of it sitting in front of me, with just a spoon in it...

I've seen recipes all over the web for mango salsa, and had other fruit salsas before, but I was always thrown off by the texture of whatever fruit was used. Something about strawberries, though... They hold up just perfectly. They stay firm, don't turn to mush... And that have that burst of fresh, summer flavor that is just perfect... On its own, or on a chip.

Strawberry Salsa
Photo by Jessica Y.
Yum. Just yum.


1 lb strawberries, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup minced red onion
1 T chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 T lime juice
1 T lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Eat.

Easy, no?

1 comment:

  1. Strawberry Salsa? I might try it. I didn't like mango salsa, but I might eat strawberry salsa.

    ReplyDelete