About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA
Self-taught baking goddess takes on the world, armed only with her kitchen-aid mixer.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fantasy

This is pretty much the epitome of how I feel right now. 

99.997 percent of the time, I love my job... And I would rather be at work than anywhere else in the world. But... right now? Not so much.

Can I day dream for a moment?
This is where I want to be right now. In all of it's messy glory.

In my head, I'm at home. In my favorite sweatpants and tie dye sweatshirt (yes, I'm a hippie at heart). I'm in the kitchen. I'm baking. And it's amazing. The oven radiates heat, warming my kitchen and frozen toes (because our heater still doesn't work). The sun filtering in through the leaves of the big tree in our front yard, and creating the perfect sunning spot in our greenhouse window for Daisy.

This is where I am. Only it's way messier and not nearly as friendly or happy looking.
In reality, I'm sitting at my desk at school, trying to avoid having an aneurysm. My car, which is only 3 years old, is having serious issues. It could be the battery. It could be the starter. It could just be breaking up with me. I don't know. And I don't feel like I have time to deal with it. The internet filters at school went haywire, bringing my publications' productivity to a screeching halt. Luckily, a few smartly placed phone calls and a "don't screw with me" attitude got that fixed right quick. The piles of papers on my desk refuse to grade themselves. I just spent my entire prep cleaning my classroom and organizing my cabinets. Because my brain will not function at a capacity that allows me to do anything that is actually productive. My to-do list is literally making me sick to my stomach.

Can't I just go home and bake? Please? I'll bring you cookies tomorrow, if I can call it quits on working today...

No comments:

Post a Comment